We understand your concern as you are facing high CPU usage due to OneDrive app on the PC. Let us know the Windows version and Build installed. (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
Normally, OneDrive will not take so much CPU usage during file sync. In this situation we will check the CPU usage after disabling the telemetry on the PC.
Steps to disable telemetry.
- Press Windows + R to open run command and type regedit, then click Ok.
- Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection
- Create a new DWORD value and name it AllowTelemetry. Set its value to 0.
- Click on Windows search and type File Explorer.
- Right-click File Explorer and select Manage to go to Computer Management
- On the Computer Management window, go to Services and Applications>Services
- Look for the following two services. Double click a service and from the ‘Startup type’ dropdown, select the ‘Disabled’ option.
- Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
Restart the PC and check.